One of the worst things that can happen to a home is severe water damage. Not only do you have to fix whatever burst pipe caused it, but you also have to repair the damage it caused. Ignoring water damage can result in collapsed floors and walls and the development of mould and mildew. 

When there’s a housing association in place, what is their responsibility in this kind of situation? A landlord will pay for repairs outside of a tenant’s control because they own the property. Likewise, a housing association may help cover costs depending on the contract between the owner and the HOA. 

Here’s how Clipfix can help you save money on water damage repair.

When to Make Water Damage Claims

A standard homeowner’s insurance helps to cover the costs of repairs for your home in the case of unforeseen damages. These can include natural disasters, theft, and more. 

If a home has fallen victim to water damage, homeowners can get coverage for repairs in certain situations. For example, sudden water discharge or backup are fully covered. Storm-related water damage is also included. 

However, don’t expect policies to cover repairing water damage due to lack of maintenance or gradual deterioration.

With Clipfix, homeowners can consult with a plumbing expert and solve issues before they get too far. They can also provide a report at the end of the consultation with all information that can be sent to the landlord. 

Responsibilities of a Landlord

Whether or not a homeowner can rent out their house depends on the individual housing association. 

A landlord is responsible for managing any emergency repairs that endanger their building and their tenant. These include a broken water heater, burst pipes, or other significant leaks and flooding. As long as the tenant hasn’t caused the issue, the landlord should help fix it.

Whether or not a tenant can request non-emergency repairs from their landlord depends on the tenancy agreement between the two.

Water Damage and Housing Associations

When it comes to housing associations, people often assume they provide some level of coverage. However, it all depends on the specific HOA. 

In a condo, your association will pay for water damage to common elements of the building. For a house, water damage coming from outside may qualify for a property damage claim. 

Housing associations only need to cover common areas like community rooms and other public facilities. 

The number of water damage claims has risen for housing associations in the past few years, but Clipfix can help diminish those numbers. Users can video call plumbing and heating experts for solutions without bothering anyone else and avoid costly call-out charges.

The app can also be used to help fix many plumbing and heating solutions. The experts are available instantly and will provide direct instructions to enable the tenant to feel confident about fixing their plumbing and heating issues. For example, to name a few, our experts can guide your tenants to refill their boiler pressure or reprogramme their timer. This avoids unnecessary call-out costs and, due to its flexibility, will save your tenants hours of time.  

Avoiding Water Damage Claims

All housing associations have various responsibilities, including maintaining and supporting their jurisdictions. Instead of spending more money handling water damage claims, Clipfix allows homeowners to take on some of the burdens. 

Use Clipfix to connect with plumbers 24 hours a day, every day. They can provide support for users through a video call to fix it themselves without a home visit.

Try out the app and see for yourself how easy it is.